Cervical strain can be caused from trauma/injury such as a motor vehicle accident, athletic injury, prolonged posturing and/or muscle overload from adaptive patterns.
Symptoms may include:
- Pain in the neck from the back of the head and out to the shoulders. Pain can be dull ache or sharp.
- Decreased range of motion of Cervical Spine.
- Radiating pain/tingling into one or both upper extremities.
- Decreased tolerance to activities of daily living such as driving, computer work, housework etc.
- Myofascial Release
- Functional Mobilization
- Cervical Traction
- Heat, Electric Stim, Ultrasound
- Fluoromethane Spray and Stretch
- Postural Re-education and Exercise
- Ergonomic Consult